Electric oven installation and oven repairs: 5 ways we can help
Your kitchen is one of the busiest areas of your house, so we know how important it is to have your cooking appliances working correctly. In this month’s blog we will discuss the importance of correct installation of your electrical cooking appliances and ways we can help you with your electric oven installation.
The perks of professional induction cooktop installation
Adding a new cooktop to your kitchen can elevate your whole cooking experience, but it should be done professionally. Along with your heating and cooling system, your electrical oven is an important kitchen appliance. Incorrect cooktop installation and oven repairs can lead to safety risks, such as electric fires.
When considering electric oven installation, your kitchen’s electrical safety should be left to a professional electrical contractor in Melbourne. This also includes replacing an old cooktop with a new model and making necessary oven repairs.
Professional electricians follow safety regulations and know how to handle lighting, ventilation and wiring. Let’s examine the top reasons why it is better to leave electric oven installation to a professional:
- Ensure quality work: If you hire an unlicensed electrician for oven installation, you won’t be sure if they are up-to-date on quality standards in Victoria. This in turn will put you and the people using your appliance at risk when using the oven.
- Avoid voiding the manufacturer’s warranty: A new induction cooktop comes with a manufacturer’s warranty, which can be voided if it is not installed by a professional. So, it’s not worth risking the long-term use of your oven for any shortcut.
- Comply with industry regulations: Changes in state and industry standards are common. Only a professional can help you keep up with the latest changes, ensuring that your induction cooktop installation will comply with new standards.
- Make hazard-free repairs: Since an oven is an electrical appliance, repairs need to be done attentively to avoid possible hazards. This is where a licensed electrician can help take the right approach to repair it.
Count on professional electrical services in Melbourne
Whether you are renovating your kitchen or planning it from scratch, the experts at Electrica Co. can help ensure your kitchen’s electrical safety. We are a licensed team of residential electricians who come equipped with all the necessary tools required for electrical projects. Here are the ways we can help you with your induction cooktop installation and oven repair project:
1. Check your current oven
First, we will troubleshoot your current oven for any potential malfunctions and repairs. Since most oven models are hard-wired, they require a higher amperage than standard power points. Please note that this kind of electrical work can be hazardous, so let us take care of that!
2. Make essential repairs
The next step is to make necessary oven repairs to ensure that your electric oven is safe to use. These repairs may include rewiring your electrical switches, changing the door seals, adjusting the temperature and fixing the heating element.
3. Test for correct operation
Once repairs are made, we will test the appliance for correct operation by performing a complete function test for temperature settings. This will help us determine if the oven is working correctly, ensuring that you will have no issues when you are cooking.
4. Advise on replacement
Don’t worry if your old induction cooktop or oven is beyond repair. We can also advise on oven replacement with the right model for your kitchen. We will help you make the best investment that will suit your needs and budget.
5. Organise the installation
For your new induction cooktop installation, our electricians will pay attention to all the necessary details and follow the safety regulations in Victoria. We will test the cooktop and offer a demonstration to give you the peace of mind that it will be safe to use.
A final thought on electric oven installation
Never forget that your kitchen is a hub of electrical activity, with multiple appliances and devices being used on a daily purpose. So, don’t underestimate the importance of maintaining electrical safety in your kitchen.
As a licensed team of residential electricians, we have successfully carry out electrical inspections for Melbourne’s homes and we know how to ensure electrical safety in your kitchen. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more info!